19 November, 2008

where i'm at.

I'm like the 9ers right now. A dynasty, classiest team in the sport, but who had some management issues. Me and the niners are in a rebuilding phase. I'll start with the literal.

Technically I can walk. I'm not about to try on my hot, dusty heels at the moment, but my orthopedic clogs and running shoes are doing all right. More healing to do there. My shoulder is still a fucking pain in my....well, my shoulder. It's going to take some time, money and a commitment to various therapy techniques, which are new to me, but it's on the horizon.

Due to the injurious nature of things, I have started an "anti-inflammatory" diet. Not a hey, I need to lose 15 pounds diet, but between that and the upswing in swimming and lifting, I'm sure it will be a byproduct.

This diet is actually recommended for people who have rheumatoid arthritis and I plan to stick to it for about 40-60 days to see if it really does reduce the pain in my foot and shoulder. This means more effort with food. Nothing processed. Nothing out of a box (which pretty much equals processed). No dairy, except for yogurt. No night shade veggies, or at least in very small quantities.

Berries, peppers, fish, spinach, are a full-on go. Fortunately, I like all of those things already. It's not such a huge stretch, just an amendment to my current diet. And in line with my whole universe and effort thing, here it is....out there. I am on day one. I lifted, and my 70% for bench is actually about 105, which means my 1 rep max is 10 pounds higher than I thought it was.

I have started and lined it all up to go. Only thing now is to follow through and adapt. And stop hitting the refresh button, because all of the same stuff that was there before, will be there after I hit it the next time and the next and the next. Time to focus on what I need and must do in order to achieve all of the stuff I tossed out there to get.

I'm drifting and carrying on now.....time to go. This is all very exposing. Perhaps I will operate under more vagueness going forward.....but there it is, where I'm at.

No comments :