20 November, 2008

vitriol ?

Well I guess my intermittent internet is only working after 3am. Lucky me, I'm up again.

Trying really hard to tap into this vitriol thing right now. See, spewing witticisms and loathing things like loud neighbors, idiotic 20 year old Marines and stinky, rude and annoying people is a talent of mine, in my opinion.

But really what happened is, I came home from the latest day of work EVER, and made myself a killer stir-fry and had a glass of wine, procured from Adam, the Polish wine guru down the street. Adam tried to force a shot of "sweet" vodka on me, while I perused the inventory, but settled instead for a small shot of a lovely beaujolais nuveau, which I ended up buying, because in a fantastic hippified way, the company bottled the wine in recyclable plastic and is planting a tree for every bottle sold. I feel more crunchy already.

No, I'm not "drinking alone".

So I have settled in, enjoyed my mini feast and drink and watched Top Chef. Sounds like I'm enjoying myself, doesn't it? I find it pretty fucking annoying that I'm so diluted at this point that I can't even bring myself to give a scathing dissertation. This is attributable to many things, of which I am all too painfully aware, but mostly because another one is moving away and the city is about to get even bigger again.

More on this later, maybe. This isn't really reflecting the level of vagueness I was hoping to achieve.

No comments :