22 August, 2011

bullet points

* It took seven hours to make what should be a four hour trip back to New York yesterday. Highlights included the driver stopping literally in the middle lane of the highway, cutting off three lanes of traffic, stopping at the side of the road and letting two people out - with no bags - who then just started walking down the shoulder of the highway with no discernible destination in sight.

This trip was finished off by a wet t-shirt contest featuring me, when I couldn't find a cab in the pouring rain for twenty minutes, as I tried to hail one in a white t-shirt. I'm hoping the onlookers appreciated it.

* The man who sits out in front of Duane Reade on 6th Avenue near my office usually shouts out obscene and offensive things to women who pass by such as "you're a whore and you should get a fucking job". I ignore him, as I do most people, and refuse to make eye contact.

Today however, he had changed his tune a bit and was yelling "Iiiiiiiiiiii'mm so poooooooooorrrr" over and over in some sort of mantra. I still ignored him. I'm poor, too.

* I recently received some news of a possibility that would bring 3/4 of my crew together long term. A move in the next several months is nearly imminent. This is exciting and just adds an extra spotlight on the fact that my decisions in the last couple of months have pretty much been nothing but good ones.

* I am in the market for an affordable, yet highly effective massage therapist because my knee is putting a serious damper on my training. It would probably be counterproductive to just go in myself and cut my IT band in half, to relieve the pressure. Happy ending not required.

* I had the most amazing escargot appetizer this weekend and I'm still thinking about it. Despite the escargot, which was basically marinating in melted butter, garlic and oregano, I have lost a full twenty pounds. Go me.


That's all....nothing more to see here...go back to your simple lives.

No comments :