05 January, 2012

paddle paddle


I cant sleep. Shocking.

This is what I wish I were doing right now. Sitting in an outrigger canoe, off the coast of California somewhere - though just about any coast will do - covered in saltwater and baking in the sun. Especially on a glassy, clear, early morning like in the photo.

New York, I fear I will soon be forced to say goodbye. I love you. O how I love you. But while you give me many things (like extra poundage, an empty wallet and a weakened liver), you can't give me time on the water and that, I fear, is your fatal flaw. I guess I could chalk it up to my seven year itch, since I can't seem to stay in one location much longer than that. We're up to 8 now, but I think we both know the time has come. The call of the water is strong and there are only so many loops to be done around the park, and treks next to the water, up the west side highway. I'll probably get all romantical and pine away for many things as I begin to offer up my slow goodbyes, but don't let that get you down. New York, you will always be in my heart, (and lungs and major organs), but the ocean beckons and begs me to dive in.

The ocean is unconfusing and calming.....there is nothing like the water. Nothing. Sorry New York, you and I both knew, but it's out there now.

No comments :