29 July, 2008

milestone-ish

I didn't sleep again last night and probably won't for a while, but that's neither here nor there, because that's why god invented weekends. It does fluster me when I have no access to writing, however.

But, despite my lack of sleep and my stupid toe and all of the throbbing and annoyance it is causing me (did you know that the proper reference is "the Grand Toe"?), I have had a couple of good workouts in a row. This is encouraging, because I need a string of them to put together in order to maintain sanity.

I can now comfortably bench press 135lbs x 5, and my goal is to get to a 1 rep max of 150 inside of about 6-8 weeks. I think I can do more, but given how my shoulder is improving, it seems like a good place to start. Now all I need to do is learn the whole finance industry in under a month. With my spare time, I will be reading a lot.

No comments :