28 July, 2008

day 1

I had a riveting game of Scrabble tonight. It was the first time in a couple of years that I had found someone who wanted (I use the term 'wanted' verrryyy loosely) to play. I probably won't get to play again for a long time, but it was fun to embrace my inner dork again and play, not only a board game, but a wordy-spelly board game.

Yeah, you can laugh at me. I love cheesy sports stuff (with the exception of bows in one's hair, which is not at all sporty). I love board games, dominoes, crossword puzzles, museums and the symphony. All the uncool stuff - I'm totally into it.

This will surely seem like an odd segue, but after many, many hours of being awake in my favorite zombie wasteland, it led me back into thinking about a topic I covered at length this week. I feel like I've lost my style a bit. I have been so focused on getting out of debt and on navigating all of the various changes that have come about in my life over the last few years, that it seems I lost a little of who I am and I stopped paying attention to some small, but fundamental things that genuinely make me happy and keep me who I am.

I think the next while is going to be dedicated to a sort of soulful excavation. The wheels have not ever stopped turning in me, they just sort of slowed down a bit and I forgot a few things I could stand to remember. Time to shed this sad layer and get back down to the good shit.

No comments :