04 October, 2011

bubbles

I am about to boil over as Boss and I have already had a few fun and fantastic contentious moments today. Rather than tell Boss what I am actually thinking, I decided to go for a little run (which I was able to do because I lied about where I was going) and vent online, in order to save my sanity and my job.

This morning's requests started out with more of the usual bullshit - eg. "please send so and so my complete information with address, cell and email (with the other person copied on the message)." In non-entitled rich person speak that means "I'm too lazy to type my own information right now, so in about 8 hours, will you do it for me?"

Par for the course, so that shit is barely moving the needle anymore. But the huffing and the yelling and the flipping out are just a little much. I've come to the conclusion that my mere existence is too much for Boss to handle. I don't normally have this effect on people, so this is a curious situation. There is no opportunity for small talk, no response whatsoever to my witticisms, no praise for good work. I have had zero opportunity to get to know this person, despite my best efforts - and there have been many efforts. No instead there are heavy sighs, blatant ignoring and then just chastising. Sounds like my last relationship, actually.

The best part about this situation is that I haven't actually done anything wrong. I haven't fucked anything up, haven't missed any deadlines, haven't hurt or offended anyone. I'm just persona non-grata for reasons I can't figure out. Or maybe Boss just needs a six foot punching bag, which I am unwilling to be.

I intend to get to the bottom of this because my coworkers see this and are also mystified by the obvious and undeserved hostility. Stay tuned, as there is a meeting scheduled for about 5:30pm EST. I may or may not be writing about unemployment again......

No comments :