08 May, 2008

of course.

Here are things that are certain constants and that have happened to me in the last 24 hours.

*When I am running down the steps to a train whose doors are about to close, there will be a tiny, little, useless woman with long, black hair in front of me strolling as if she intends to hold up the progress of those behind her. She will hear the conductor begin to say "Stand clear of the closing doors," and even after three excuse-me's, she will not quicken her pace. This always happens to me when I'm in a rush or when the train is about to leave and next time, I'm pushing her down and enjoying it.

*When I'm on the train to work in the morning and am sitting a seat apart from a man who has is slouched in the seat with his legs out wide, and I'm reading peacefully. As the doors open to let more passengers in, the one who bolts into the train - her eyes glued to the seat between us - to fill the center seat, is a hugely fat woman, who on her own would take up 2 seats. She rushes over and plops her ass down on the seat so hard that it hurls my body away and into the space occupied by someone else's knee, leaving only my left cheek on the bench. As if to add insult to shoving, she then spreads her elbows out nice and wide and applies makeup for the next 4 stops. I really thought about nudging her elbow at a strategic time, as she held her mascara brush up to her eyes.

*And the final fun example from the last 24 hours....the day when I get up 35 minutes early and leave my house 25 minutes early, I am barely on time for something for which I needed to be, that's right, early. Same route, same trains, same commuters. Amazing.

There, I've let them all go and I can now return to my regularly scheduled day of fun and funds.

No comments :