30 May, 2008

net worth

Dell seems to have come around to what the rest of the world pretty much already knows about me. My net worth is zero, so giving me money is seemingly a bad idear to a major gajillion dollar company. I'm what you would call a "risky prospect" to corporations who require credit to complete transactions.


The funny thing is, my credit is okay. It could and probably should be a helluva lot worse, but in my many times of trial, I have always taken great pains to make a monthly payment to each person I owe. Occasionally that has not been possible, but by and large, I get my shit taken care of, but have no accrued capital to provide me that elusive fiduciary security blanket I crave. I'm getting there, but as the kind associate at Dell informed me last night, I'm not a desirable candidate for financing at this time. Good gravy.

So basically, what I'm taking away from all of this is that after I have taken all of the pains to pay every little last thing down, after I have sifted through my credit to find exactly who the culprits were, who actually stuck a fork in my credit, I am no closer to achieving a lovely and functional laptop than I was a year ago. Maybe that's a little fatalistic, but I really do wonder, why are credit-based companies so eager to dole out money hand over fist when you have no money and no record of consistent repayment that they can see, but are so reluctant to assist when you are clearly on the upswing? It's peculiar, really.

So I guess my choices now are to somehow come up with a small hill of cash, or wait the 6 months until my credit shows the uptick and creditors start to see that I am indeed, a hardworking, bill-paying girl who just fell on hard finances while running down a dream. Sounds so poetic that way doesn't it? Too bad poetry can't get you a fucking computer.

My net worth remains at zero.....for now....

No comments :