06 August, 2012

Intouchable

Saw the movie Les Intouchables last night.  It was an excellent choice and is one I'll probably buy, eventually.  Unexpected, great night and I have also discovered that using Old Bay spice on calamari is pretty damn delicious. 

So there I was, cruising along, random things falling into place, just enjoying my life, despite the fact that I literally have $6 to my name.  Literally.  $6.  Yeah, it hurts, but whaddyagonnado?  Everything else feels pretty good.  Best friend is moving within twenty minutes of me in about three weeks, school starting in two, gym directly behind my office, making all sorts of new friends, job I like.  What else could there be?

Then a little notice popped up this morning.  Shook my whole world - in a good way.  This could very well be an opportunity that was about 4 years in the making.  No point in forecasting the weather for 2013 right now, but suffice it to say, that bolt of electricity ran right through me and my week just got a whole lot more interesting. 

Damn, DC, you really know how to do right by this girl, so far.  I mean, really.

No comments :