07 February, 2012

mallet

A mallet to the temples, that is. I'll just jump right in. The backstory, quickly, is......

Weekly meeting with several people, Boss among them. Meeting was coordinated with other work dude (who is actually a nice person) and his assistant and was set for a time / date that worked for everyone. And here's how everything becomes my fuck up. This is all via email at 11pm on a Monday.

Dude at work: Apologies…I see that we are booked for tomorrow at 5pm…I have a Doctor appt at 4:30pm, and know that I won’t be back by then… Apologies, that this was overlooked… Assistant/Tall Girl, can you find another time that works..?

Boss (to me only): You scheduled this, so why is it scheduled at a time he could not do?

Me: His assistant and I confirmed with him and he signed off on it at the time.

Boss: You need to check something wrong (nice punctuation)

Me: I'm confused. I'm aware he cannot make it and it needs to be rescheduled, but what else is wrong?

Boss: The meeting should not have been scheduled when he could not attend

......Does Boss read? Did she not see that he overlooked his own appointment and that there was no way for me to know this? Clearly not.

Me: I'm aware of that. When his assistant and I scheduled, he said he could make it. The error was not mine, nor his assistant's.

Boss: speak iwth him (yes, misspelled, with no punctuation, as per usual)
Me: Of course, as we are rescheduling. I did not set this up unilaterally.


That was at 11pm, with the last message at 11:49, on a Monday. I work for a consummate professional.

No comments :