23 November, 2011

holi-suckiness

Guess what, friends?! It's time for the annual curmudgeon-fest that is the stupid holiday season. Yes, I still hate them, still wish them all away and am really only in it for the booze.

If there were a way to be magically transported from the day before thanksgiving to the day after christmas without having to endure any of it, I would sign up in a heartbeat. I'm going to try, though, to make this my last post to that effect, for the 2011 season, because this year is not over and there is still a lot of work to do in order for me to wrap it up the way I want. So tomorrow, I will be at a close friend's house, chilling with people I enjoy spending time with and eating and drinking to great excess.

But on Friday....Friday I will do some long, relaxing steady state to get myself ready for a very full weekend of training, studying and partying. I plan to carry that agenda out through the end of the year and I feel I can say with confidence, that although the beginning of the year proved to be a somewhat slow start, the last half of the year has been picking up at a good clip. This means 2012 has tons more potential from the get. Clearly I should try and stay in the positive through this trying time, then.

I still hate christmas music and no, I don't want to watch it's a fucking wonderful life.

No comments :