07 February, 2008

pictures of there

I haven't been home in a long, long time. Not for a social visit anyway, and usually not for more than 16 hours in any given area. Coincidentally, this is the time of year where I get a little homesick. I miss being outside all the time. I am an outside girl and although my bottom line wasn't quite as attractive at that time as I'd like for it to have been, I was outside, on the water in some capacity, nearly every single day of my life. Who can beat that? It's almost 4 years now that I have had to come inside for the winter and I keep waiting for it to get easier.......

This is the view from the pool at the Y in Newport Beach, where I used to swim, outside, year round. At night you could watch the moon rise in between laps and the combination of a heated pool and the cool air made my swims have this surreal quality to them. Today I wished I was in that pool, charging away.

This is HB on a beautiful day in probably September or October. I didn't actually get to get out during the trip where I took this picture, which sucked ass because it was a perfect day.

I loved cycling or running on those paths, just zoning out for a while with the water there, like the friend it has been to me since before I could crawl. We had a bonfire here one night at the end of my junior year of high school, where i ended up carrying my friend up a rocky cliff, because she was too wasted to make the trek and I had to get her home to sober up at my house before she could show up at hers. Ahh, good times.

I miss the sun.

No comments :