22 November, 2007

tday

Happy Thanksgiving!

See, I'm not really a holiday girl. This is because whenever the holidays began to flirt with us all when I was a child, I was thrown, headlong into "serving wench" mode. Not in the sense that my ample bosoms were displayed for an unruly crowd of drunken warriors, but because the silver needed to be polished, the china cleaned and displayed and the dusting and vacuuming done, so that the rest of the family didn't know that we lived in a house that wasn't clean and spotless 24/7. I suspect they guessed, but that did nothing to dissuade my mother.

Anyway, today on the day of thanks, I'm passing along the good vibes, free of sarcastic or cynical dinge. Now that I've had sweet potatoes, vegetables, a piece of decent turkey and loads of pie, I'm thankful. Thankful that I have a functioning brain, good friends and a life, with which I am still young enough to make a fantastic impression.

Hope your day is going well.

No comments :