14 January, 2014

cards comma house of

Why do people fart in libraries?  I will never understand this, because it is the least forgiving location I can think of, for such a thing.  There is no opportunity to overwhelm the other senses, no draft to carry it away, nothing.  Just the lingering stench for all of us to deal with.  I mean, at least have the decency to go between the books or get to the bathroom.  But I digress.  

I've been watching House of Cards, lately.  Actually I binge-watched the entire season in a few days and I have to say, I love it.  Living in DC for a couple of years now and having met so very many people involved in the government from the military to hill staffers, the ever elusively defined "consultants", lobbyists and non-profit workers from multiple sectors, pretty much nothing contained in that show surprises me.  What the general public does not know about so very many things that are almost common knowledge to people in DC is staggering.  Almost as staggering as how much people don't know about finance, outside of New York.  The masses love to pop off about this and that and act like they have any idea about anything, when in fact, what our government and financial systems have become is not even a reasonable facsimile of what people think they are.  

I think it's a well-established fact that now that everyone has a mic, it is blatantly obvious that the state of our nation is in the bin.  People can't be bothered to educate themselves on anything they can't get in soundbytes or snippets and can't be bothered to express themselves at above a 4th grade level.  But really people, if you think all of these manipulative, conspiracy-esque, back room deal type things are far-fetched....well you're even dumber than is already obvious.  

I am becoming ever more convinced that a country of 300 million people cannot possibly be run efficiently.



No comments :