16 November, 2012

nodes

I can feel the bitchiness creeping in.  Good thing it's the weekend. 

So turns out if you push your body really, super, extra hard, it will rebel against you and ultimately have the last laugh by just closing up shop and blowing the circuit board of your functioning systems right up.  Periodically, I like to test the theory to see if this is still the case and today I can report that yep, still how things work.

After almost 6 full weeks of extreme sickness, which was uniquely concentrated solely on my throat and the surrounding lymph nodes it then, in the final two and a half weeks, migrated to my left sinuses, because they apparently wanted in on the action.  My lymph nodes were so big that my neck had balls.  Like you could actually see them sticking out to the sides.  I still went in to work, of course. 

Fear ye not dear reader, I obtained drugs.  I wish they were the kind that would take my brain into another, non-right-now dimension and let me crack up and stuff my face, but alas, it was just amoxicillin. 

I got better, but just in time for my birthday, a bunch of shenanigans and the amazing destination wedding of two of my dearest friends.  So basically I got better and then proceeded to drink booze and eat decadent food, like it was my job.  I am now utterly disgusted with myself, so drastic measures have been taken. 

I periodically do a little juice cleanse gig in order to keep the system fresh, but this time, I have taken it to new heights.  I bought the damn juicer myself.  The only drawback of this process is that after you have skipped a few quarters of maintenance, been sick and then partied like a barely legal celebrity, shit hurts.  I scream to the toxins to get out, but for the first few days, they just sit here thrashing me with headaches and reminding me of the good ol' days when they ran the roost.  This is where the bitchiness comes in. 

According to those around me, my perceived bitchiness is nothing of the sort, to the outside observer, but if everyone could hear my internal monologue during this time, they might be afraid.  The juice is tasty, though.  Anyway, the point is, I may chronicle this particular journey, because I intend to do this round for longer than usual and sort of scientifically (-ish) note what is happening.  So stay tuned is what I'm saying, I guess. 

And all this hubbub about Hostess going out of business just annoys me (maybe because I'm bitchy today).  But seriously people, the twinkies and ding dongs and whatever other plastic food they make will outlive us all.  The things can be left in their packages on a shelf for 25 years and have no discernible change in constitution.  I've seen proof of this.  Get over it.  Your plasticized, disgusting snacks will still be there for you whenever you want them, I promise.  Someone will have a case on ebay in about 3 years. 

That is all.  Queen bitch signing out. 

No comments :