14 January, 2009

a test.

Everyone I know thinks they are open. Open in the sense that they embrace new people, new experiences, new cultures......yeahhhh righhhht.

But seriously, no one I know - and my base extends across quite a few social groups - will say "oh, I'm a bigot, or a racist or a misogynist". Not a one. Even after you hear them say something that may make you raise an eyebrow and wonder where it came from, you will hear pretty much anyone deny any sort of preference for one group over another.

So I found this website and there are a whole slew of tests. I want to take them all and see how I stack up. I took the first one and I will hold my results until you people tell me how you did and if you were surprised by the outcome. It's not meant to make you feel like an asshole, but to show and prove how much prejudice is a latent and unmistakable part of our society.

Not the most salacious post, but damn is this interesting.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

"Your data suggests a moderate automatic preference for Black people over White people

Your data suggests a strong automatic preference for Barack Obama over John McCain"

I find this pretty interesting ... especially considering that I grew up in OC, and now live in a mostly black neighborhood.

so what did you get?

- k