27 January, 2009

dead horse

And boy do we know how to kick it, that horse that's dead. In this episode, we find ourselves talking about hobbies at which we are talented, yet cannot make any money.

Me: Wow, you're [talent] is really improving, those [items] are very artfully done.

G: Thanks, I wish I could make a nice life for myself with it....alas....

Me: Yeah, if we could do that, I would be a coach and a writer.

G: Wanna start a "do your own thing" commune?

Me: Totes. i'll cook as long as i don't have to do dishes

G: Ditto

Me: We can get our veggies from [friend's girlfriend's] mom's garden, or we can grow our own....uh...for everything.

G: Maybe we just cultivate "things" on this commune and sell them to support our other interests.

Me: Good idear! I am fairly handy with wood working also, so I will build us chairs and tables and we can sell some of those too, quaker style, yo.

Me: Or we can just get some peanuts in bulk and crush them and sell them for $8 a jar. The labels can say 'Hello My Name Is: Peanut Butter'.

G: hahahaha, scribble some b.s. on the back, essentially copying the nutritional info from the original bag-o-nutz.

Me: Perfect. then we'd have food for lunch, too.

No comments :