02 October, 2013

365

I got to meet chef Jose Andres last week.  It was one of those moments that proved me to be the nerd I am.  I'd rather meet chefs and athletes in obscure sports, than movie stars or celebrities, any day.  Maybe it's a function of where I grew up and the proximity to film, tv and music stars and all their nonsense.  Either way, I had good food, a serrano-infused margarita and got photographic evidence of my geeked-out-ness, all while catching up with a kid (actually now an adult with a very adult job) that I used to coach.  

So that was fun.  It was also nothing more than a momentary reprieve from a subject that has been on my mind constantly for the last couple of weeks.  

I should also mention that I got to see the President speak, from less than a fifty foot distance, inside the Marine Barracks yard last Sunday.  I'd rather have heard him speaking under pretty much any other circumstances than the ones which entailed me supporting my dear friend and his coworkers from the third floor of building 197 at the Navy Yard, however.  

This all keeps happening.  And then nothing happens.  And then we get news headlines like "worst mass murder tragedy since December 2012".  Really?  We can't even make it a full, calendar year without mass murders anymore?  

You know, I had a bunch of stuff to say on this subject and now I'm just too disgusted and disturbed to even detail it.  Fuck this shit. 

No comments :