19 October, 2010

read (read red)

I don't have many readers for this blog. I don't really care about that, either.

There are a select few people who know this is in existence - despite its being searchable, but nevertheless, my enormous vocabulary and irresistible wit have drawn a few readers along the way.....one of whom I don't necessarily understand or want in my vast fan base.

Now the funny thing here is, the person to whom I refer, shows up on my stats with startling regularity. Sometimes three or four times in a single day. Why? We don't speak, nor do I have the desire to, and it skeeves me out every time I see the path name. So why, I wonder, does said person still check in several times a week, to see what I've written?

Perhaps this is the occupational hazard of the burgeoning author. I don't know, I've never penned anything of significance to anyone. I suppose that along the way in an author's life - or any person putting something out for general consumption, there will be people with whom your path has crossed at some point, who found your platform either by invitation, resourcefulness, or chance, and from whose eyes your words cannot escape. 'Cause once it's out there, it's like a fart in the wind. Gone. You can never really keep people from feeling like they know you, or trying to maintain some sort of loose tether to your life.

The saddest part about this is, there is probably someone for whom this is not intended, who will take it personally, by mistake. The actual message however, despite the number of times the blog is checked, today, tomorrow, or next week, will probably not get through for various reasons.

Either way, welcome to the discomfort of abject popularity and rising stardom.

O man, that just cracked me up.

No comments :