20 August, 2008

update!

I'm doing an 'update' for my own amusement.

So, to both of my readers, I haven't been able to write much due to resource issues, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks, that will clear up.

I am exceedingly restless due to my annoying foot malady and am receiving another cortisone shot tomorrow. Pray to the grand toe gods that it works and that I can get out of this boot and go for a run!

The Olympics are over halfway through and I'm dreading the end. It was a strange set of emotions to see the women's 8+ win gold in rowing. While I am completely elated for them, I am dismayed that I wasn't there after working and dreaming for so many years.

I am also annoyed at the fact that a coach for whom I have very little respect is going to keep his job even though the system he is under cannot seem to bring a consistent flow of champions from the deepest gene pool in the world. But that's for another tirade.

The update here is.....I'm trapsing around Manhattan in a large, $300 plastic boot and hanging shelves in my 1/2 disastrous, 1/2 unbelievably clean apartment; a project that I had better not see past this weekend. And now that I am apparently phasing out my legs, I guess I will join a swim team.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

you have another reader? ;)

- k